Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Stars & Stripes.

Happy 4th of July!!!


I hope all of my American family and friends are having a fabulous holiday, celebrating what it means to be from the USA.  What an amazing honor!  As you may or may not already know, I am excitedly spending the entire summer this year in my boyfriend's home town, beautiful Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada, (just thirty minutes from downtown Vancouver)!  With this privilege comes many wonderful perks: spending loads of time with his incredible family, breathtaking scenery, a fabulous job, the most stunning living set-up, much cooler summer weather, lots of time with my sweet boyfriend, enjoying unique touristy places on the weekends..... the list goes on and on.  I couldn't possibly feel more blessed.

That being said, I was granted a totally new (& completely great) experience today - living in Canada on the 4th of July.

I proudly fashioned my frayed blue jean shorts, a white "Proud to be an American" top, a red tank underneath, and my sparkly white TOMS.  I spotted a yummy, American Flag fruit platter on Pinterest last week and knew that recreating it for my Canadian loved ones was an absolute must.  Reid and I filled the dish with organic, locally-grown berries and perfectly ripe bananas, making it a big hit amongst our friends.  We love how bright and patriotic it turned out.  What do you think?




I have fallen in love with creating new holiday traditions, and reminiscing over the old, cherished ones. Thank you, Canada, for a very special and low-key 4th of July.  Today's sweet simplicity has taken my attention off of worldly festivities and allowed me to focus entirely on the Lord and His precious gift of freedom.  I am headed outdoors now to celebrate the rest of this gorgeous, sunny day.  Happy 4th!  Enjoy the fireworks tonight, my friends!! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful 4th even when in our neighbor country Canada. We know you are having a great time with this summer experience. So glad we were able to meet Reid so we know who you are hanging out with. Great that we can follow you with your blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jan!! I hope you are having a wonderful summer too! Reid absolutely loved meeting you, as well! Hope to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete