Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Lesson on Trust.

Over the past few weeks, I have been reading and reflecting on my Bible and devotionals as often as possible.  It's a passion that I'm making a habit of, in hopes that daily meditations on God's Word will soon become second nature to me.  I am fully committed to placing more emphasis on the importance of scripture in my everyday life, so I will be posting my thoughts and studies here on a fairly frequent basis, in order to discuss and share what I'm learning with you!

That being said, I recently read a passage on trusting our Lord, that immediately brought me an overwhelming sense of peace.  It is a short, yet powerful message from my favorite devotional, Jesus Calling, written by Sarah Young.  (A book that can be bought as a hard copy or an app that I highly recommend!)  Spending time with God fills my heart with so much joy.  Leading a life of purpose and discernment is a constant goal of mine, and the closer I draw to my Savior, the smoother He paves my path.

the passage :

"Do not worry about tomorrow! "  This is not a suggestion, but a command.  I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle.  My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time.  When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame.  You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust.  Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in your brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence.  As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly.  Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times. 

the verses :

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.- Matthew 6:34

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

"Trust in Him at all times, you people;  pour out your heart before Him;  God is a refuge for us."
- Psalm 62:28


Please reflect along with me. I would love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I love to hear what God is teaching you Ashley! Your heart for Him is beautiful and I really hope to meet you one day! May you be blessed and drawn into Him deeper and fuller always.
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Olivia!! I would be honored to finally meet you! Hopefully we can make that happen in the near future! Your faith walk is such an inspiration to me. Thank you for always being so uplifting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley I just saw your comment now! That has to be the longest delay ever ha ha! I am trying to figure out how to follow your blog - but I'm a little confused! Anyway thanks for your words, you are sweet :)

      Delete